We are excited that you will be attending Six Nations Polytechnic Brantford Campus to complete your apprenticeship training. Here is a quick checklist of what to bring for your first day:
- Be sure to bring your CSA clear safety glasses, CSA steel toe boots, textbooks, basic hand tools and other PPE that was included your welcome email
- During orientation you will be provided a locker number, but bring a lock
- On your first day make sure you can log in to D2L!
- Contact the Unit Coordinator if you are having difficulty.
- Explore your courses and review what you will be learning
- Review your class schedule and student handbook.
- Plan meals while on campus.
- There are no food services available at Six Nations Polytechnic Campus, other than vending machines.
- Water filling stations are available for students and employees
- Check if you are eligible for financial help;
- Apply for Employment Insurance (EI) if you are in an eligible block class. You will receive your 16-digit code through email from the Ministry.
- View available grants for all apprentices.
- View the Canada Apprentice Loan if you are enrolled in a designated Red Seal trade.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my first day of training look like?
Information about your first day of class will be emailed to your SNP email and will in include a short orientation about SNP and available services.
When will I get my schedule?
Intake schedules will e posted 2 to 4 weeks prior to first day of class. Note that you will not be able to view your courses in D2L until your first day of class.
How often will I be expected to be on campus?
Apprenticeship training will be 5 days and will be primarily scheduled onsite/in-person. COVID-19 restrictions might affect this.
Can I still work while attending training?
Apprentice training is delivered in a block format. Block format classes are scheduled 5 days per week, which indicates full-time studies. Eligible recipients in Block classes will receive a 16-digit code which will be issued by the Ministry (MLTSD) for the purposes of Employment Insurance (EI).
Do I have to pay for parking?
No, parking is free at SNP Brantford Campus.
What equipment will I need to start?
Equipment and textbook Information will be email prior to class start. Students are required to supply their own PPE.
Will I be receiving my own locker or will need to rent one?
SNP provides student lockers for free but you will require to bring you own lock.