This program will provide the participant with Level 1 welding, safety training and employment readiness skills to gain local employment as a welder. The program will provide a combination of theory, hands-on and virtual welding. This program also includes a 320-hour work placement.
This program will be a blend of in-person and online classes. Access to a computer and internet will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of programs may change due to government restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- applied safety procedures
- reading of blueprints and welding symbols
- material and process quality
- welding theory
- shielded metal arc welding
- gas metal arc welding
- gas tungsten arc welding
- plasma arc welding
- submerged arc welding
- automatic/semi-automatic processes
- thermal cutting: oxy-fuel-gas, plasma arc, air carbon arc
• OSSD or equivalent or
• Pass Mature Student Test
- Be a resident and able to work in Ontario
- Must attend an information session
- Must complete pre-screen assessment
For more information contact:
Address: 411 Elgin Street, Brantford, Ontario