Work as part of a team on the construction of residential homes, commercial buildings, and components of civil infrastructure.
- This program is delivered over 2 academic semesters, classes begin September 2023.
- Prepare graduates to work as part of a team on the construction of residential homes, commercial buildings, and components of civil infrastructure.
- Emphasis is on developing and practicing the technical skills related to the field of specialization.
- Develop skills and training required to join the booming home and commercial construction sector.
- Learn industry-leading concrete forming and production framing techniques.
- Acquire specialized training in carpentry hand and power tools, construction materials, wood and wood products, and workplace safety.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- 11 English E, C or U
- 10 Mathematics L, D or P
- Options available for mature applicants.
- Click for additional Program Details
Complete an application online through ontariocolleges.ca portal ($95 non-refundable application fee)
Career opportunities exist in commercial or residential construction sectors in a variety of positions such as:
- Skilled Trades Worker
- Production Framer
- Residential home framing
- Residential and commercial concrete forming and finishing
- Wood and concrete landscaping component
Graduates may also pursue other training options in:
- Construction Craft Worker
- Construction Engineering Technician Building Renovation (462)
- General Carpenter (403A)
Program of Study
- Building and Renovations Practical 1
- Building and Renovation Theory 1
- Trade Calculations 1 Construction Technician
- Concrete Forming and Finishing Techniques
- Drafting Fundamentals and Standards for BR
- Building and Renovations Practical 2
- Building and Renovation Theory 2
- Residential Plan Reading
- Production Framing Techniques
- Workplace Safety
- Surveying and Layout CET
“Every trade needs to be taught to new individuals, just like it was taught to me when I was starting out. Without this passing of knowledge and skills the trade would cease to exist. I am excited to be part of that passing of knowledge and experience to a larger group of people then I could ever reach at one time on the job site.”
Ryan Ogilvie-King, Instructor Construction Techniques
One year or less
Next Program Intake
Ontario College Certificate