This program provides hands-on training for Level 1 of the Machinist apprenticeship. The student will be taught to use tools of the trades such as lathes, grinders, milling machines and more. Safety, employment readiness, academic upgrading and 320-hour work placement are also included as part of this program.
This program will be a blend of in-person and online classes. Access to a computer and the internet will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of programs may change due to government restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Full-Time Day Delivery
- In-School: September 7, 2021 – February 4, 2022
- Work Placement: February 7 - April 1, 2022
Part-Time Evening Delivery
- In-School: September 7, 2021 – March 4, 2022
- Work Placement: March 7 - April 29, 2022
- applied trade safety practices
- applied trade calculations, charts, and tables
- engineering drawings
- metallurgy (science of metals)
- metrology (science of measuring and checking)
- benchworking techniques
- metal cutting saw technology
- drilling, turning, milling, and grinding technologies
The purpose of the program is to prepare candidates for employment and to start their apprenticeship as a General Machinist.
Other related occupations:
- Tool and Die
- Mould Maker
- Pattern Maker
- Tool/Tooling Maker
Apply today to take advantage of program benefits
- Small classes, work placement
- Books and supplies are included for eligible applicants
For more information contact
Address: 411 Elgin Street, Brantford, Ontario
• OSSD or equivalent
• Pass Mature Student Test
• Be a resident and able to work in Ontario
• Must complete pre-screen assessment.