This community-based university program provides students with the opportunity to complete the first year of a Bachelor of Arts degree within the Six Nations community. Students are introduced to a variety of courses within but not limited to the social sciences, environmental sciences, and Indigenous studies.
Upon successful completion, students will obtain up to five credits of university courses, on a full or part-time basis, that is transferred into an undergraduate degree program offered within the partnered universities within the University Consortium (UC). The UC consists of Brock University, McMaster University, University of Guelph, University of Waterloo, Western University, and Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Study in the Six Nations of the Grand River community
- Earn five university credits of a Bachelor of Arts degree
- Transfer into year 2 at one of our partner universities
Program of Study
24 units or 8 courses of:
- Students who successfully complete at least 24 units (8 courses) with an overall average of 60%, and achieve a grade of at least 60% in each course to be transferred, are eligible for admission into the second year of a general Bachelor of Arts degree program at Brock University, McMaster University, University of Guelph, University of Waterloo, Western University or Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Students who successfully complete the UP program may apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Ogwehoweh Languages program and may be eligible for transfer credit.
- Contact Admissions for more information regarding the categories of Listener, Audit, or Letter of Permission if you are interested in continuing studies in our outside of a university program.
Admission is on the basis of an OSSD transcript.
Students who do not meet the admission requirement may be considered for admission as a Mature Student with limited course enrollment on an individual basis. Contact the Admissions Officer for more details.
$7584.00 not including the $30.00 non-refundable application fee*
*based on 2021/2022 fee structure; fees are subject to change.
- Community Educator
- Teaching Assistant
- Environmental conservation officer
- Education Resource Developer
- Curriculum Writer
- Curriculum Resource Developer
- Policy Analyst
- Community Developer
- Education Administrator
Six Nations Polytechnic
2160 Fourth Line
PO Box 700
Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0
Six Nations of the Grand River
519-445-0023 ext. 6226