The Manufacturing Pre-Trades Pathway is a tuition-free micro-credential program that focuses on the practical skills, safety training, and technical skills necessary to gain an entry-level employment in the manufacturing sector, including automotive. In partnership with Mohawk College, this program will be delivered both online, with hands-on training in our shop. A cultural module is also included in the program to promote inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
This program will be delivered both online and include a hands-on in our shops at Six Nations Polytechnic, Brantford Campus.
When: January 4, 2021 - March 26, 2021 *dates subject to change
Individuals will earn micro-credentials or other certifications by completing the following modules:
- Quality Practices & Measurement
- Manufacturing Processes & Production
- Maintenance Awareness
- Sustainable Practices in Manufacturing
- Workplace Preparation Skills (communication, math, conflict resolution, leadership)
- Industry Certifications (CWB Welding, Working at Heights and others)
Outcome: Micro-credentials will be awarded upon the successful completion of various modules. A Certificate of Completion will be granted upon successful completion of all program modules.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Skilled Trades Awareness and Readiness Program and the Government of Ontario.
- OSSD or equivalent is recommended
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be out of school for one year or more
- Anyone can apply but preference will be given to Indigenous people, women and unemployed individuals