Mohawk’s new intensive Personal Support Worker (PSW) program gets you future-ready, faster!
- No tuition fee
- Funding for textbooks and other supplies
- Paid work placement within the community
- Graduate in 21 weeks with a full PSW Ontario college credential
The intensive program allows students to work quickly through the program completing their certification in 21 weeks while concurrently receiving the education supporting the knowledge and experience necessary to care for individuals in their home, retirement or long-term care settings.
What you'll learn
- The PSW program is taught using a variety of methods including online lectures, Simulations, hands-on labs and professional practice placement.
- Apply combined theoretical knowledge with practical skills to work as a team member with clients, families, nurses, physicians and other support services
- Hands-on experience through a paid 300-hour professional practice placement in a health care agency under the supervision of a preceptor and instructor
- Provide service to a wide variety of clients
- Recognize legislation that is relevant to the role including the Human Rights Code, Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workers’ Compensation Act, and the Long-Term Care Homes Amendment Act and the acts it amends
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 10 Mathematics, D (Academic) or P (Applied) level
Note: This program may require students to bring their own mobile computer devices (BYOD) to classes.
Options are available for mature applicants.
- Home Care Agencies
- Long Term Care Homes
- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- OPSWA (Ontario Personal Support Workers Association)