Upgrade your current RPN Diploma to earn a BScN Degree. This 3 year full-time study program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in the diploma Practical Nursing program and awards a McMaster University BScN Degree to Students upon completion. Although the program is a 3 year full-time program, students are allowed six years after the first ‘nursing’ course to complete the program requirements. With 30 units of advanced credit students enter Level II of the program.
Clinical experience is provided through Clinical Placements in health care agencies throughout Ontario. Students are responsible for their own travel/transportation arrangesments to clinical placements.
- This program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in the diploma Practical Nursing program
- Students receive 30 units of advanced credit and enter at Level II. The 2 Level II ‘nursing’ courses are designed to assist students in transitioning to the baccalaureate program
- The curriculum is planned for 3 years of full-time study. Students are allowed six years after the first ‘nursing’ course to complete the program requirements
Clinical placements may occur at locations that are not accessible by public transit. As such, students shall be expected to either have access to a car or the ability to supply their own transportation when attending clinical placement activity. SNP shall not be responsible for providing students with transportation to clinical placements.
Clinical experience is provided in health care agencies throughout Ontario. Students are responsible for their own travel and costs to clinical placements.
Term 1 (Fall/Winter)
- Integrated Biological Bases of Nursing Practice I
- Integrated Biological Bases of Nursing Practice II
- Introduction to the Social Determinants of Health
- Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing I
- Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing II
- Clinical Reasoning and Clinical Judgment for RPN to BSCN
Term 2 (Spring/Summer)
- Introduction to Statistics for Nursing
- Integrated Pathophysiology for Nursing
- Nursing Concepts in Health and Illness III
- Nursing Concepts in Health and Illness IV
- Professional Nursing Practice V
Courses to be offered at Six Nations Polytechnic will be decided on a yearly basis.
A diploma in Practical Nursing (two-year program) from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology or equivalent with a minimum overall average of 75% or higher. A current CNO certificate plus a successful pass of the Practical Nurse Registration examination
As a competitive program all applicants to the Diploma RPN to BScN Degree program, at SNP are required to complete a mandatory online 90 minute computer-based test (CASPer™). Successful completion of CASPer™ is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. CASPer™ assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that are important for successful students and graduates of the program and will complement other applicant screening tools. The Implementation of CASPer™, further enhances fairness and objectivity in the selection process. For more information, check out the CASPer™ https://takecasper.com website.
Final admission selection is made using a formula that combines academic strength with the score of the CASPer™ assessment.
In collaboration with McMaster University, SNP offers a RPN to BScN Program (E) Stream for diploma registered practical nurses. Graduates from this program can earn a variety of nursing careers, involving the following:
- Registered Nurses
- Staff Nurses in Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Visiting Nursing Agencies and Public Health Departments
- Care Managers for Community Care Access Centres
- Entrepreneurs Owning and Managing a Health Care or Nursing Care Business
- Researchers in Nursing Care, Nurse Education and Health Care
- Educators of Individuals, Families, Communities and Nursing Students Occupational Categories