Six Nations Polytechnic (SNP) is a community-based, community-controlled institute that strives to meet the education and training needs of the community. In addition to its use by community members enrolled in SNP programs and services, community members may rent specific portions of the facility as outlined below.
It is recognized that this document cannot address, in specific fashion, all possible situations that may occur. Where these policies and procedures are not specific on a particular point, individual and organizational hosts are expected to conduct their event and guide their participants with a GOOD MIND, consistent with our collective responsibilities to do no harm while acting in the best interests of the Six Nations community.
- Conduct within Six Nations Polytechnic’s facilities must conform to acceptable professional and community standards.
- Rentals are between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm any day of the week. In the case of the computer lab, a Six Nations Polytechnic employee will act as monitor/supervisor, if required.
- The Individual applying for the rental MUST be 18 years of age or older.
- Final approval for rental of the facilities as well as any exceptions to these guidelines may only be granted by the CEO or Vice President or designate.
- Rentals are NOT available on designated holidays. This includes the Christmas shutdown.
- Areas of facilities, not identified in writing prior to rental, are OFF LIMITS to the organization(s), group(s), and person(s) renting Six Nations Polytechnic facilities. ONLY AREAS REQUESTED ARE TO BE OCCUPIED.
- NO SMOKING, NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON OR IN SIX NATIONS POLYTECHNIC FACILITIES.
- Games of chance, lotteries, raffles or gambling are not permitted in Six Nations Polytechnic facilities unless a Band resolution accompanies the “APPLICATION FOR FACILITY RENTAL” form.
- The $100 security deposit will be used to cover costs that may be incurred by SNP from events occurring as part of the rental and its set up. Events such as any damage to SNP facility, equipment or property, false fire alarm calls (e.g. fire alarm pulled), and failure to clean when renter has chosen to clean and set up. In such case, the Security Deposit will not be reimbursed.
- Rental priorities will be given to Six Nations businesses, community and social gatherings deemed appropriate to the facilities and purpose of Six Nations Polytechnic. All outside organizations or businesses will be subject to review and acceptance by the CEO or designate.
- (a) The rented facility will be used only for the purpose stated on the facility rental agreement.
- (b) Organization(s), group(s), or person(s) renting SNP facilities must supervise and monitor all individuals and activities.
- (c) The organization(s), group(s), or person(s) renting SNP facilities are responsible for any and all damages resulting from their activities. This responsibility will include material, labor costs and full costs for the repair and/or replacement of any damages. CHECK facilities with Six Nations Polytechnic’s representative before and after use.
- (d) Any group found responsible for damages may be denied future use of the facilities.
- SNP retains the right of refusal where such an event may jeopardize the reputation, partnerships, and financial sustainability of SNP.
- Set up-Clean up:
- (a) It is the responsibility of the organization(s), group(s), and person(s) renting the facilities to set-up any needed material(s) and/or equipment being brought in, permitted in writing by Six Nations Polytechnic for your use. It is also the responsibility of the organization(s), group(s), and person(s) to put away the same material(s) and/or equipment.
- (b) All decorations must be taken down after your event (this applies to ALL renters) and please do not put any holes of any sort in the walls. Clean up includes sweeping floor, wiping tables and bagging up garbage. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the $100 security deposit.
- (a)If SNP deems it necessary to cancel notification will be provided as soon as reasonably possible.
- (b)The CEO and/or Facility Manager may cancel any function that jeopardizes the safety, security, reputation, partnerships and future sustainability of SNP. The reason for cancellation may include but not limited to the following:
- Operational requirements of SNP.
- Breech of rental agreement by the renting party.
- Six Nations Polytechnic is advised the event has real/perceived potential to jeopardize the safety, security, reputation, partnerships and future sustainability of SNP.
- When unforeseen circumstances occur: e.g. In the event of strikes, accidents, acts of nature (Natural Disasters), power failure, war, terrorist threats, government regulations, civil disorder or other emergencies that make it inadvisable, illegal or impossible to provide the facilities, the agreement will be terminated and Six Nations Polytechnic shall be excused from performance and liable for only repayment of deposit.
- Weather Related Closures; Pursuant to Six Nations Polytechnic policy, closure of Six Nations Polytechnic will occur due to inclement weather. If SNP closes due to inclement weather or any other emergency SNP reserves the right to cancel all scheduled events for the safety of its employees.
- (c) If, for any reason, the applicant desires to cancel a scheduled event, they must notify Six Nations Polytechnic within 72 hours, failure to do so will result in the loss of the $100.00 security deposit.
- Six Nations Polytechnic Board and Staff are not responsible for the loss or theft of anything belonging to the organization(s), group(s), or person(s) attending the activities or events. Individuals renting the facilities will provide own content insurance for items of value. Including items left behind.
- A signed Facility Rental contract must be returned and paid in full at least 2 weeks in advance of the event/activity or the contract will become null and void.
- The rental of equipment and/or kitchen must be requested before the activity/event.
- Must provide a description of the function, as well as an agenda and a list of any guest speakers attending.
- Failure to conform to the rules and regulations may result in immediate cessation of the event or cancellation of any future event.
- Rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Please be sure all foods supplied by caterer are removed from kitchen.
Notification of CCTV Surveillance
All persons entering SNP may be subject to video surveillance and recording. This is for the purpose of premise/patron security and any illegal activity shall be reported to the Police. Please note - this surveillance is only conducted in common areas and does not include areas in which a person(s) would have a reasonable expectation of privacy (e.g. bathrooms).